Q1: Can your Live Band Personnels double up as my Emcee?
A: Yes! We have some Live Band Talents who can double up as very Professional Wedding Hosts.
Check out Tiffany doubling up as a Single Emcee in the Duo Combo Deal.
Check out Daniel & Xin Ying doubling up as Duo Emcees in the Duo Premium Deal.
Q2: Does your Live Band accept dedications?
A: Yes! We love singing for your guests’ dedications and will do our best to cater!
Q3: Can we select our own songs ?
A: Definitely yes! We will send you a pre-list of well-received and popular songs for review. You can then change and insert your own favorites and leave the rest to us!
Q4: Can you guys sing our March-In songs ?
A: Yes, we can!
Q5: How much do you charge ?
A: Our rates are attractive and our packages give you the flexibility to choose a suitable one that matches your budget.
Contact Us to know more!
Q6: What is a “Set” ? And how long is 1 Set?
A: A Set is our live band’s performance duration of 45mins.
For weddings, we are usually engaged for 2 Sets:
– 1st Set of 45mins starts after 1st March-In when 1st Dish is served.
– 2nd Set of 45mins starts after 2nd March-In when Table-to-Table Photo-taking commences.
Each Set has a maximum of 12 songs.
Q7: Does your live band packages include sound system?
A: Yes, we do. Check it out here.
They are bundled into our Live Band Packages & Promotions and are compulsory to ensure our Service & Sound Quality for your big day.
We Do NOT use venue Sound Systems due to the following reasons:
– Many Hotels do not allow Live Band to use theirs.
– Hotel Sound Systems are normally PA systems good for speech and not suitable for Live Band use.
– In worst scenarios we experienced, some venue’s PA systems will easily overload and cut off the system power when there are too many inputs (which is common for Live Band).
– Hotel AV Crews are not trained to handle and monitor Live Band Sounds, which will affect our performance.
Q8: Does your band bring your own instruments?
A: Yes, we do!
Smaller Instruments like Guitars are personal instruments brought by respective musicians.
Bigger ones like Keyboards are included as part of our In-House Sound System & Live Band Equipment Rental, included in Live Band Packages.
Q9: What logistics do you guys need from the performing venue?
A: Since our Live Band packages already includes In-House Sound System & Equipment Rental, we only need Power Source Outlets and a Stage Space for our Live Band.
For Emcees, Venue must provide at least Podium Mics and/or Wireless Mics.
Q10: What kind of songs do Music Box play?
A: We play a wide genre of repertoire ranging from Pop, Sentimental, Oldies to Bossa Nova and of different languages including English, Chinese, Hokkien, Cantonese, Japanese & Korean.
Our repertoire grows with you!
Get a feel of our performances from our YouTube Channel!
Q11: How do I book your services? What happens after that?
A: Music Box is More Than Just A Band. It is the extraordinary experience we strived to provide you in ensuring that your event’s entertainment is in good hands. Thus we aimed to ensure that the booking process and experience for customers and couples are stream-lined, easy to understand, and most importantly fun & enjoyable!
Typical Scenario Flow for a Wedding Live Band and/or Emcee Services:
1) Contact Us (By Our Contact Form)
– Provide us your relevant wedding details (especially Date, Time, Venue, Number of Guests).
– Let us know your requirements (Live Band and/or Emcee, Repertoire)
– Let us know your talent preferences (if any)
2) Quotation (By Email)
– We will provide you recommended quotations, promotions, rates and availability according to your requirements.
3) Confirmation (By Email)
– If you are keen to proceed, we will send you an invoice for official confirmation.
– You will be able to conveniently confirm our services with a deposit by Bank Transfer.
– We will then reply you an updated invoice and all To-Dos for follow-ups.
– To-Dos include Song List Preparation (By Email), Pre-Wedding Site Visit (if required) and Pre-Wedding Emcee Meetups (if your package includes Emcee Services).
– Timeline for every Task will be tracked by us, so you do not have to worry about forgetting anything! We will remind you when the time comes.
5) Actual Day
– For Live Band Services, our Setup Team usually arrives by 5PM (For Dinner)/ 1030AM (For Lunch) for Setup. Live Band usually arrives at 545PM (For Dinner)/ 1115AM (For Lunch) for Sound Test. We will usually be coordinating with your Helper/ Venue Banquet Manager, so you do not need to worry at all!
– For Emcee Services, our Emcees usually will arrive 530PM (For Dinner)/ 1030AM (For Lunch) for a briefing and meeting with Banquet Manager, Groom and also main runners to go through the flow of the banquet program together.
– Balance Payment will also usually be collected from one of your assigned Runners/Helpers.
– At the end of the wedding, our talents will approach you to take a photo for memory and thanking you to have us for your big day :)
Have a question not found here ? Contact Us!